Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Virtual Tour

Desperate to see what the inside of the Crystal Palace looked like, I found this youtube video that offers a virtual tour of a computer generated crystal palace. The tour takes you inside the crystal palace as it would have looked in 1851 before any of the exhibits were actually put in place, and with no people to obstruct the view. Even though it's just the glass, metal, and trees it's still really beautiful.

I feel like any pictures we may see of the outside of the building really don't do the inside justice. The queen described the building as "fairy-like" and I think this helps to really understand exactly where she came up with that term.

Crystal Palace de Joseph Paxton. Recreación en 3D



[Victorian Literature]

2 comments:

  1. That was incredible! I had never seen this before, so thank you for sharing, Lisa. -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome!

    I was in a quiet room the first time I watched the video, so I had the sound off. The second time I turned the sound on and I think it adds character with the music in the background. The creator really did a great job. It's very close to what I was imagining.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...