Monday, January 24, 2011

Tickets

Dr. Peel shared a link that has so much information and rare pictures!

The Crystal Palace

It also refers to a link that I've come across before, but is definitely worth sharing if you're interested in the architectural design of the palace:

The Crystal Palace (3-D Modeling)

After looking through the various links on this page, I have again come across something that I find extremely curious. On the main page, there is an additional link (#10) to a season ticket. What I'm interested in is the fact that it is a "lady's" ticket. I have stumbled across other tickets marked lady's and gentleman's and I'm wondering why there were two separate tickets.

Did they cost the same?
If not, which one cost more?
Why a price difference?
Did the tickets allow men/women to see different things or enter different places?



[the image below was found HERE]


***
[UPDATE]

After doing some research I found a difference between men and women season ticket pricing.

The Great Exhibition of the Industries of All Nations. London 1851. The First World's Fair

Men: 3 £ 3 Shilling ($15.75)
Women: 2 £ 2 Shilling ($10.50)


[Victorian Literature]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...