Saturday, January 15, 2011

Curiosity

Until now, Victorian Literature and the Crystal palace has been a hidden treasure to me. Before the start of class I had to "google" what the Crystal Palace was. I thought maybe it was the metaphorical name of some sort of literary movement, however it actually was a physical place in London.

A Brief Learned History

1.Located in Hyde Park, London
2.Made of almost all glass
3.Housed The Great Exhibition of 1851
4.Was torn down and moved, later caught fire

My curiosity has also brought me to research its specific contents and specific location.

I found this picture at: Plan of The Crystal Palace



I also found a great map of the London area at the time on London 1851

Here is a close up of the actual location of The Great Exhibition/Crystal Palace.



[Victorian Literature]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...